Bel D'Lites Policy
Dates and cake price quotes are held from the date of the quote or consultation until 7 business days thereafter.
If we do not receive a request for a formal invoice with 7 days, your date may become unavailable and quote rate may increase.
Bel D’Lites require a 50% non-refundable deposit for all orders and this is due 24 hours of receiving your invoice. 50% non-refundable deposit secures your rate and date. Failure to make deposit payment will result in an invoice cancellation.
All final balances are due 14 days prior to event date, or 30 days prior to wedding date. Payments are made through your invoice. Failure to make final balance payment will result in cancellation and loss of 50% deposit fee.
Refunds / Exchanges
- Due to the tedious, handcrafted nature of Bel D’Lites products, we are unable to provide full refunds or exchanges for custom orders.
- All cake vouchers, classes, and event tickets are final purchase, no refund will be provided.
- Once you or a designated party has picked up an order and accepted the order as is– Refunds requested due to decorating style, writing, color shade, or general design will not be honored after pick up.
- All products are the responsibility of the customer once it is picked up. We are not responsible for any damage occurring to the cake during transport, set-up or any time thereafter. You will be given instructions on how to carry, transport, and store your cake upon pick up. Keep in mind that cakes are very fragile and damages can happen if not handled properly – such as cracks, smudges, melted frosting, etc.
- In the event of an unavoidable situations such as a hurricane, blackout, fire, or any other Act of Nature, no refunds will be given and you may reschedule for a full store credit. This includes the unfortunate nature of the COVID-19 global pandemic.
The following scenario is the only instance when we will provide a refund:
- If you come to pick up or if upon delivery the cake does not meet your expectations, we will give you a refund (minus 35% handling/cancellation fee). Please note: If we give you a refund, you CANNOT keep the cake. You can only get the refund if you refuse to “accept” the cake. We will NOT negotiate a partial refund if you keep the cake. This is a “take it, or leave it” policy. We are not responsible for any expense you may incur for replacing our cake.
- If Bel D’Lites fails to deliver your cake on the date and time stated on your contract for your wedding, or event you will receive a full refund. Further, if customer provides wrong date, time or address for delivery, or inadequate directions, we will not provide a refund. We will not be responsible for any additional expenses that you incur as a result of our failure to deliver the cake. Our liability is limited to the contracted value of the cake.
- Changes to orders are accepted up until 7 days prior to event date. We are unable to make changes on orders after that time frame. No refunds will be provided for any payments made on the order no matter the amount. We will not provide refunds due to changes in the order. This does not apply to orders that have contracts.
Bel D’Lites requires a 2 weeks or more notice, we can sometimes offer rushed cakes with less than 2 weeks notice with a 30% rush fee.
Guarantee / Disclaimer
- We do all that we can to make sure that your order is decorated to the specification on your inquiry form. Upon pick-up of your cake, adjustments can be made for an additional charge if it was not stated on your original order. If for some reason something is not decorated correctly as stated on your order, we will make necessary changes right away.
- Every order is hand-made. Decorative finishes are done by hand and are subject to the artistic interpretation of our expert cake decorators. You may provide us with a photograph for inspiration and duplication; however, we make no claims for exact duplication of the work done by other cake artist.
All orders are subject to these policies listed above.